Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Fighting for CH 78 Relief and ESP Job Justice December 11, 2018The post Fighting for CH 78 Relief and ESP Job Justice appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA UniServ Field Representative – Region 7 (Ocean County) December 11, 2018NJEA announces a vacancy for a UniServ Field Representative in the Region 7 (Ocean County) office. DUTIES Provide UniServ service in the following areas: Coordination of NJEA-NEA resources into local associations, including professional development, instructional improvement and human relations Negotiation service to local associations Contract administratio […]
- NJEA opposes Trump administration scheme to erase transgender identity by definition December 10, 2018The Trump administration’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is considering a definition of sex that would deny transgender persons protection under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans sex discrimination in any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. A leaked HHS memo reveals that the Trump administratio […]
- NJHOF accepting Arete Scholarship applications for class of 2019 high school graduates December 7, 2018Committed to celebrating the achievements of established Garden State natives as well as those on their journey to success, the New Jersey Hall of Fame (NJHOF) invites Garden State high school students who will graduate in 2019 to apply for its Arete Scholarship. Recipients of the Arete Scholarship are youth who demonstrate a sense of […] The post NJHOF acce […]
- Relief from Chapter 78 December 6, 2018S-2606/ A-4352 What would it do? S-2606/ A-4352 would provide relief to Chapter 78 by tying public employees’ premium share for health benefits to a percentage of salary instead of a percentage of premium cost. This bill would reduce the amount most NJEA members pay toward their health insurance and return fairness to the bargaining […] The post Relief from […]
- Fighting for Job Justice for Educational Support Professionals December 6, 2018ESPS deserve due process S-3089/A-3664 What would it do? S-3089A-3664 would extend to non-teaching employees of local, county or regional school districts, boards or commissions the right to submit to binding arbitration any dispute regarding whether there is just cause for a disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. State Senate Sponsor: Linda Gree […]
- Fighting for Job Justice for Educational Support Professionals December 6, 2018Taking a stand against privatization S-296/A-3185/A-3395 What would it do? S-296/A-3185/A-3395 would prohibit employers from entering into subcontracting agreements during the term of an existing collective bargaining agreement. Once a collective bargaining agreement expires, an employer would be permitted to enter into a subcontracting agreement only if th […]
- Learn about the NJEA Teacher Leader Academy December 5, 2018In September 2015, Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill creating the Teacher Leader Endorsement, which is an additional credential attached to a standard instructional certificate. The State Board of Education is in the process of approving regulations for this new endorsement. A major component of the legislation is that programs of study for this license […] […]
- Executive Assistant to the President December 4, 2018NJEA announces a vacancy for an executive assistant to the President. Overview The Executive Assistant to the President serves as the primary administrative professional to the Association’s top elected leader. This busy position requires excellent administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work long hours, handle mu […]
- Assistant to the Secretary-Treasurer December 4, 2018NJEA announces a vacancy for a confidential assistant to the Secretary-Treasurer (outside NJEA/USA Associate Staff Bargaining Unit). Job Summary Assists and aids, in a confidential capacity, the NJEA Vice President or Secretary-Treasurer. Under the supervision of the Vice President or Secretary-Treasurer, performs clerical work, varied in nature but requi […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- Fighting for CH 78 Relief and ESP Job Justice December 11, 2018
- Relief from Chapter 78S-2606/ A-4352 What would it do? S-2606/ A-4352 would provide relief to Chapter 78 by tying public employees’ premium share for health benefits to a percentage of salary instead of a percentage of premium cost. This bill would reduce the amount most NJEA members pay toward their health insurance and return fairness to the bargaining […] The post Relief from […]