Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Support Our Students Coalition sends letter to Gov. Murphy, legislative leaders April 18, 2019NJEA, along with numerous pro-public education advocacy groups, joined together to form the Support Our Students Coalition to advocate for the full funding of New Jersey’s public schools as called for under the School Funding Reform Act (SFRA) of 2008. On Thursday, April 18, the SOS coalition sent the following letter to Governor Phil Murphy, […] The post Su […]
- Blistan: We believe in Camden’s Traditional Public Schools April 17, 2019To protest the potential closing of schools, Dr. Keith Eric Benson, president of the Camden Education Association (CEA), walked more than 40 miles to raise awareness about the budget crisis facing the city’s traditional public schools. Benson began his walk on Monday, April 15 at the CEA office in Camden and concluded his journey today […] The post Blistan: […]
- Social media ambassadors April 15, 2019Sharing experiences from behind the lens By Kevin Fenlon Managing our school’s digital footprint is much more than a one-person job. It is an impossible task to share all the events, activities and learning experiences from a single perspective. That’s where High Point Regional High School’s social media ambassadors come in. The Social Media Ambassador […] T […]
- NEA Click & Save Deals April 10, 2019NEA Click & Save, the online discount buying service for NEA members, highlights select retailers and merchants each month. Check out these featured “Buy-lights” for April!* Vitamin World: The go-to source for high-quality vitamins, minerals and herbs. Earn 6X WOWPoints on your purchase, and use code DSCNT10 for free shipping! Spa Finder: Provides access […]
- New fund supports afterschool, summer meals expansion April 9, 2019A new source of funding and technical assistance is now available to help summer meals and afterschool sponsors, sites and vendors serve up more meals to children across New Jersey. The New Jersey Child Nutrition Fund (NJCNF), created and administered by the Reinvestment Fund and supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, provides capital funding and t […]
- Nominations now open for NEA’s 2019 Social Justice Activist of the Year April 9, 2019The 2019 Social Justice of the Year award will honor exceptional efforts that demonstrate the ability to lead, organize and engage educators, parents, families, and the community to advocate on social and/or racial justice issues that impact the lives of students, fellow educators and the communities they serve. Go to neaedjustice.org/2019sja/ to find out mo […]
- Raise autism awareness April 9, 2019Autism New Jersey’s Ambassador Program enables individuals concerned about autism to raise awareness in their neighborhoods, workplaces, schools and local communities. The Autism Ambassador Kit provides tips and tools to assist in raising awareness. Kits are free for delivery to New Jersey addresses by registering online as an ambassador. Locals might wish t […]
- Celebrating school librarians April 8, 2019by Christina Cucci, NJASL President Meet April Bunn, a certified school library media specialist working at Red Bank Regional High School. April is not only her name, but also the name of the month that is designated by the American Association of School Librarians as a celebration of school librarians and their programs. The New […] The post Celebrating sch […]
- NJEA Lobby Days to Fix the Unfairness April 8, 2019The post NJEA Lobby Days to Fix the Unfairness appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA Teacher Leader Academy Consultant April 5, 2019NJEA announces five positions for part-time Teacher Leader Academy consultants in the Professional Development and Instructional Issues Division. Duties Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Professional Development and Instructional Issues (or designee), Teacher Leader Academy (TLA) Consultants will be responsible for leading the learning o […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- Support Our Students Coalition sends letter to Gov. Murphy, legislative leaders April 18, 2019
- Nurses, indoor air quality, actionConnecting the dots By Dorothy Wigmore Have a mold or other indoor air quality (IAQ) problem at school? Who are you going to call? In New Jersey, there are some unique resources. Besides union reps and activists, New Jersey’s public sector IAQ standard [NJAC 12:100-13.1 (2007)] requires employers have a trained “designated person” responsible for […] The pos […]